Sunday, September 30, 2012

Kitty Kitty Kitty

This weekend I was left alone in the apartment with a diabetic cat.  A mini life experience for me!
I had to learn how to give her insulin shots. In French.  Turns out it isn't really that hard, and much, much easier when her overbearing mother/owner isn't around!  My host mother is lovely, but she loves this cat sooooo much.  But anyway, the shot thing ended up being relatively easy. Once in the morning and once at night!
The hard part was feeding her.  I wanted to make sure she ate so that she didn't go into diabetic crisis on my watch, so Mme. E showed me how to prepare shrimp for her to eat.  Shrimp gross me out. So. Much.
Thankfully this was the last of it...
I had to chop it up into small pieces for Kitty to be able to eat it, but not before beheading and de-legging the beasts. Ugh.
But it makes for a happy Kitty!

Now I get to eat dinner too! Leftover green beans and chicken, yummmmm. Then I might make a crepe/microwave an apple/both.
Next weekend is Cournailles!


No comments:

Post a Comment