The tale of a young woman experiencing Europe for the first time. Wish me luck!
Monday, September 3, 2012
Kouign Amann
So I think I found my favorite dessert. It's a Breton cake called Kouign Amann and it's basically a heart attack waiting to happen. But it was lovely with my little espresso at St. Malo yesterday. I should have taken a picture.
Kouign Amann is a traditional cake made with lots of butter and sugar and it's caramelized and SO AMAZING. Seriously. One of the best sweet things I've ever eaten. I could rave for days. Mine had a little caramel candy on the top and the bakery warmed it up for me and it was wonderfullllllllllllllll. I just had a mini cake, but I could probably eat a whole thing in one sitting. It's dangerous.
Here is a little article followed by a recipe if you are interested!
http://www.davidlebovitz.com/2005/08/long-live-the-k/
Grandma Arlys, we can make this together sometime!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment