Sunday, September 9, 2012

The last few days...

Hey all, sorry I haven't updated this in a bit.  Been busy!

So for the last few days we've been taking classes at the Institute of Language and Communication to "refresh" our French skills. It's kinda tough... three hours of language in the morning and an hour of culture in the afternoon followed by a meeting at the university with the CIEE directors.  Looong days!
Here's a photo of the door, kinda, of the Institute:
I received the results of my placement exam, as well! Level B2, which means I can take the classes I wanted to take.  So I'm going to register for Cinema, Creative Writing, and the History of France from the Ancient Regime to 1870.  Lots of my friends got into that level too, so I'm happy!

So the last day I talked about was St. Malo?  Alright, let's see if I can remember what's happened since then.  This will probably just be mostly a photo dump post.
So on Thursday after class, several of us walked down to the cultural center to check stuff out.  Apparently there was a gas leak at the nearby cinema because all these emergency vehicles started showing up when we got there!  Luckily nothing exploded. Afterwards, we went to a cafe called Le Haricot Rouge, where we had Nutella milkshakes and played UNO with the dirtiest cards I've ever seen. Don't worry, I thoroughly washed my hands afterwards.

 We've seen this street performer nearly everytime we've been to the Place de la Marie.  It sounds like he has a squeaky dog toy in his mouth, and he tweets at people as they pass by.  I don't quite get it.
Here's me nearly home after walking our bikes about 2 miles. My host mother and I planned to go on a picnic, but my rickety old bike broke halfway there!  So we had to eat and walk all the way home.  Luckily there was a really nice sunset. (I should have taken a picture of the bike, the one in this photo is my host mother's. Mine had a Simba bell on it).

I'll write a separate post about the Marche de Lices!  That was an adventure all on it's own!



No comments:

Post a Comment