Sunday, September 2, 2012

Today with ma mere d'accueil

Today was a great day. There was one time when I kind of just wanted to take a long nap because I was on French comprehension overload, but it ended up being just fine. A nap in the car woke me up a bit. Alors...
The day started with a tour of the Thabor gardens. It's interesting because there's an English garden and a French garden. The English garden is very much like a forest with a path wandering through it. No symmetry and few flowers. The French garden is very symmetrical with lots of flowers and whatnot. The guide told us some of the history but it was all in quick French so I only understood a little.

A yellow rose for Grandma Bobbie.

After the gardens, we went to Mme Espanet's friend's house for lunch. It was lovely but I had a hard time following the conversation because I was really sleepy by the end. It was a two hour meal! Then we went to St. Malo, which is on the coast. It was pretty amazing, I wouldn't mind going back.

Sorry, not many words. I'm sleepy and I should go to bed because classes start tomorrow.  Eek! I'll try to tell more stories about today later because it was really fun.

3 comments:

  1. Love your blog! Hopefully I can get this many posts up when I get to Wales. Your pictures are very good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Megan, Be sure tosend your blog link when you have it up and running! Mom H. Cali, I remember that exhausted feeling well. Nap when you can!

      Delete
  2. Mom H. I will post the link on facebook probably right before I leave. There's not much on my blog yet...

    ReplyDelete