Marie-Paule and I went for a walk around a lake in the afternoon, it was a gorgeous day.
Some little kids learning how to kayak!
I thought it was pretty.
It reminded me of Standing Bear!
After our walk we went shopping. Lots of shopping! It was nice though, to spend an afternoon together. There was this weird thing in the plaza at Charles-de-Gaulle:
There were plants everywhere! There was also a band playing some really fun music.
I looked up "Expedition Vegetale," because the guys running around had that printed on the back of their jumpsuits.
It's in French but you might be able to translate it? At least look at the pictures, it seems pretty neat. They're a travelling theatre company, I think, but they do things that are pretty innovative. I like it because it's vaguely steam-punkish.
And then we went to a spectacle at the T.N.B. (Theatre National de Bretagne) It was weird to say the least. But I enjoyed it for the most part. There was some impressive music (chanting and drumming and a flutist) and modern dance. It was called PUZ/ZLE. The beginning made me crack up because the first thing the dancers did was repeatedly run into a solid wall. Kelin told me, "I don't think it's supposed to be funny." I found an interveiw with the director on youtube so I'll post that next.
All in all it was a good day! Looking forward to my trip to Bretagne Sud this weekend!
And don't worry, I'll post about school soon ;) Yes, I am actually going to school!
No comments:
Post a Comment