At this moment, I just want to go home. There are tears rolling down my cheeks as I type. I miss my parents and my dog and my family and my friends and my sorority and my Relay. I'm starting to feel like I'm imposing on my host mom (even though I know in my heart that's dumb because she chose to have a host student). I don't know how to keep myself busy enough and I'm having trouble taking my classes very seriously (due to a significant lack of homework). Time seems to be crawling by and two months seems like it's going to be forever. Not to mention I have a mini panic attack when I even think about Canadian / Chicagoan / Omahan snow at the end of December.
So here's what I think I need to do:
- Limit my contact to home via Skype / text / Facebook.
- Force myself to study more.
- Take walks (if it's nice enough).
- Read.
- Figure out a way to get out of the house, or not come home right away after school.
- Try not to count down the days so much.
- Focus on things I can look forward to doing here.
So that's what I said. Hopefully I can do it.
Here are things I should be looking forward to:
- Mont St. Michel (tomorrow)
- Angers in the Loire Valley (Sunday maybe)
- Intercultural Soiree (next Wednesday)
- Carnac (next Thursday)
- LONDON AND WALES (starting next Friday through the following Friday)
- Nantes (sometime)
- Thanksgiving dinner with CIEE (November 22 - exactly one month from when I'll be flying home)
- Strasbourg for the Christmas market (maybe hopefully)
- Transmusicales festival (2nd weekend in December)
- End of the year party with CIREFE (December 14)
Look, that's something almost every week I have left.
Ok, now I need to say something happy. Today wasn't ALL a bad day. Before lunch, I sat in the CIREFE cafeteria with Kelin and Matt, Laura from Columbia, Leandra from Germany, and Zhen, Tsing Tsing, and another boy from China. We were all laughing really, really hard talking about the different random vocal sounds each culture has. In France, it's "Baah-ouais," for example. We talked about "Uh-uh" for no and "Yuh-huh" for yes, which are American things. And we all laughed REALLY hard because the universal sound one makes for an attractive person is "Mmmmmhmmmmm." And it was extra awesome because this was all in French.
Plus, last night I went to the most fun concert I've ever been to. =)
See... I'm doing OK here.
Ok, now I need to say something happy. Today wasn't ALL a bad day. Before lunch, I sat in the CIREFE cafeteria with Kelin and Matt, Laura from Columbia, Leandra from Germany, and Zhen, Tsing Tsing, and another boy from China. We were all laughing really, really hard talking about the different random vocal sounds each culture has. In France, it's "Baah-ouais," for example. We talked about "Uh-uh" for no and "Yuh-huh" for yes, which are American things. And we all laughed REALLY hard because the universal sound one makes for an attractive person is "Mmmmmhmmmmm." And it was extra awesome because this was all in French.
Plus, last night I went to the most fun concert I've ever been to. =)
See... I'm doing OK here.
No comments:
Post a Comment