Bonjour mes amis! I made it to France! I know this entry is a little late, but I didn't have reliable internet at the hostel. So.
The flight to Paris was very, very long. During my flight to Houston, I chatted with the guy next to me about a lot of different things. One thing he said really stuck. I was telling him about how nervous I was to be going to France basically alone. He replied "There's only one way to clear muddy water: don't touch it. Right now the water is kind of muddy and you're unsure of what to do, but let it settle and things will be clear." I've had to remember that advice a lot.
On the way from Houston to Paris, I sat next to a man who's lived in Paris for 31 years. He was a classical guitarist and currently teaches electronic music production at the American School in Paris. His advice was to compliment the French as much as possible. He also helped me a lot with baggage claim and that kind of thing.
One hiccup... somewhere between the plane and the bus in Paris I lost a neck pouch with 400 euro in it. Sucks majorly, man. Things can't be perfect I guess!
The hostel was gorgeous. It was in a building from the 14th century!!!
Here are a few photos:
One view from my window. Another group could see the Eiffel Tower from theirs!
We slept in a loft! Such fun after climbing four flights of steep, crooked stairs just to get to our room haha.
Stay tuned for a post about all the things I did and saw in Paris!
No comments:
Post a Comment